My Boys

I will be mentioning these two a lot so let me tell you a little a bit about them.


I met my husband, Robert, in '87 when we were both 20 years old and working at Mervyns in Glendale. I remember the first time I saw him, he was coming down the escalator and I asked "who's that?". After our first date I thought this is the one I need to be careful be cause I have never felt like this about anyone. After our first kiss I was done he had me hook line and sinker. We got married in '94 and welcomed our son, Miles, in '96. 


We have done a lot of growing up since then and It has been quite a ride with a few ups and downs but we managed to come out of it stronger than we have ever been. I am so lucky and blessed to have a husband like Robert, he is kind, compassionate, strong, loving and patient. He helped keep me strong while I was going through my treatments and sat with me for every chemo treatment which lasted 5 hours once a week. He made sure I ate when I wasn't hungry and was always there with my nausea medicine when the nausea would hit me out of nowhere. He would call me everyday when he was at work to make sure I was okay or to see if I needed him to come home early. 


He is my best friend, my partner in crime, my biggest cheerleader the one who will help me up when I fall and help dust myself off so I can go keep going. He is always lifting me up and telling me how pretty I am and how happy he is we are together. He is my rock, I love this man with all my heart. 

He is also an amazing father. He worked nights while my son was a toddler so he could take care of him while I was at work. He potty trained him and taught him to brush his teeth and take a shower on his own. He did the volunteer time at the preschool since they asked all the parents to volunteer. He would drop him off at school and pick him up after and then take him to swim class and Muay Thai classes. He is a great role model and the reason my son is the amazing young man that he is today.

Now let me tell you a little about my baby boy, Miles. I know I'm his mom but he really is an amazing young man. He is kind and caring and he is confident and strong, he's awesome. I loved watching him, as a child he was never insecure or shy if anything he seemed to be one of the popular kids, and even now he can step into any social gathering and it's as if he's known everyone for a while. I was the opposite and it's something I am constantly working on. He has such a big heart even as a kid he was always wanting to help people, one time I had no change I had to turn down someone on the street asking for money then as we were driving home I hear whimpering coming from the back seat. I asked him what was wrong and he said 'They don't have a home and they need money to buy food', I felt so bad after that. He inspires me to do better, be better and live a better life. 


My mom would always say he has an old soul. When he was a kid he would be running around my moms house playing with his friends and cousins and he would pass her room he would walk in and see her in bed because she wasn't feeling well and he would go and hug her and give her a kiss and tell her 'It's ok Mom just rest you'll feel better soon'. That's the kind of person he is. Everyday when I was going through my treatments he would come home from school or work and always peek his head into my room to see if I was awake and if I was he would ask me how I was feeling and ask me if I needed anything. In the end I could no longer drive myself to my appointments he would come home straight from school so he could drive me.

He is currently attending PCC taking care of his general ed and any prerequisites so he can eventually transfer to CSUN and major in physical therapy. I think this is a good choice for him since he is so kind and caring and he would do well helping others. He had originally chosen accounting for his major and I wasn't sure this was a good fit for him but we have always believed in letting him find his way and I think he has. When he told us he was changing his major one of the reasons he gave was he wanted to do something that made a difference. This makes me feel so proud, he is definitely on the right track. 

These two own my heart and are one of the main reasons why I made it this far and have no intention of giving up.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let me begin...

No Wrong Way Movement